Publication Ethics and Malpractice Statement
1. Editorial Board
2. Authors and Authors responsibilities
- This journal does not charge article processing charges or submission charges. All papers should contain significantly contribution of authors to the research. All authors are obliged to provide retractions or corrections of mistakes. All papers should contain the list of references and the acknowledgment of financial support, if necessary. The authors should not submit for consideration a manuscript that has already been published in another journal.
3. Peer-review process
- The papers sent to Romanian Journal of Economics participate in peer review process. Reviews are conducted objectively and the observations are formulated clearly with supporting arguments so that authors can use them for improving the manuscript. Any invited referee who has conflicts of interest resulting from connections with any of the authors should notify the editors to declare their conflicts of interest and decline the invitation to review so that alternative reviewer can be contacted.
- Potential conflict of interests for reviewers: in advance knowledge about the authors identity.
- The Journal uses warning notifications about the potential conflict of interests in referring activity potentially generated by possible relationship with the author, friendship or conflict/rivalry or any other reason. There is a double-blind peer review evaluation of the scientific quality of received papers. The Journal may adopt severe measures in case of plagiarism or unclear authorship situation. There is a precise time period for reviewers to send to the authors the suggestions and proposals to improve the quality of the paper.
- If any of the editors feel that there is likely to be a perception of a conflict of interests in relation to their handling of a submission, they will declare it to the other editors. Standard policy in such a case will be for one of the other editors to handle the submission but the editors may use their discretion.
- Reviewers should point out relevant published work which is not yet cited.
- Reviewed articles are treated confidentially. The Journal staff will not disclose any information about a submitted manuscript to anyone other than the corresponding author, reviewers, and the publisher, as appropriate.
4. Publication ethics
- Before publishing, all papers are subject to similarity index verification. Antiplagiarism policy provided is concerning of: first similarity index < 10%; second similarity index < 5%.
- Publishers and editors take reasonable steps to identify and prevent the publication of papers where research misconduct has occurred. In cases of alleged or proven scientific misconduct, fraudulent publication or plagiarism, the publisher, in close collaboration with the editors, will take all appropriate measures to clarify the situation and to amend the article in question. This includes the prompt publication of an erratum, clarification or, in the most severe cases, the retraction of the affected work. The publisher, together with the editors, shall take reasonable steps to identify and prevent the publication of papers where research misconduct has occurred, and under no circumstances encourage such misconduct or knowingly allow such misconduct to take place.
- If authors discover errors in their own published work, they should notify the journal’s editors or publisher and cooperate with them to correct the paper in the form of an erratum or to retract the paper. Publishers and editors are open to publish corrections, clarifications, retractions and apologies when needed.
5. Copyright and Access
- Property rights for the articles published in RJE - Submission of an article for publication implies the transfer of the copyright from the author to the publisher upon acceptance. Accepted papers become the permanent property of the RJE and may not be reproduced by any means, in whole or in part, without the written consent of the publisher and the editor. The publisher is free to grant the right of published texts in both print and electronic format (.pdf). It is the author's responsibility to obtain permission to reproduce illustrations, tables, etc., from other publications.
- Every paper proposed for publishing will be submitted together with a Statement signed by all authors (scanned and sent in .pdf format), who thereby confirms that the manuscript is their own creative activity, original work and that it has neither been published previously nor is currently being considered for publication elsewhere. They also have to warrant that the sources of any ideas and/or words in the manuscript that are not their own have been properly attributed through appropriate citations and/or quotes.
- The Romanian Journal of Economics has no associated subscriptions, or pay-per-view fees. It is an open access journal.
The publisher is committed to the permanent availability and preservation of scholarly research. The Journal works in partnership with third-party organization to maintain its own digital archive.
Further principles of transparency and best practice:
< ALIGN=JUSTIFYp>7. Ownership and management
- The Romanian Journal of Economics is edited by The Institute of National Economy - Romanian Academy.
- The Journal’s Web site contains information about the measures to ensure high ethical and professional standards.
9. Publishing schedule
- The Romanian Journal of Economics is published twice a year (June and December).
10. Name of journal
- The Journal name, Romanian Journal of Economics, is unique and was chosen for not being confused with another journal. The name is not misleading for potential authors and readers about the Journal’s origin or association with other journals.
- Romanian Journal of Economics has the Certificate of Trademark Registration at State Office for Inventions and Trademarks no. 104587/2009.